how good is St Dunstans?

Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
nina1on

how good is St Dunstans?

Post by nina1on »

Compare to GS schools like Dartford? Is it worse paying for this school...or save and go GS road? Tahnks a lot
lefol

Re: how good is St Dunstans?

Post by lefol »

St Dunstans is a good school and they produce good results too. Their GCSE results were 100% A-C in the published league tables and good EB grades . They also have a good reputation for IB. They have produced some notable personalities including the shadow business secretary. I enjoyed their open day and the students presented themselves well , but I chose Eltham College. Dartford is one of the excellent grammar schools and if you are offered a place at Dartford , I would take it . Wait and see what you are offered on 1st March and take things from there . Which school does your DS prefer ?
kwest

Re: how good is St Dunstans?

Post by kwest »

It depends what you mean by "good". Dartford is one of the best of the grammar schools, producing great results - but they start out with very bright children. If you have a child who could get in and would thrive in that environment, it's a great choice.

St Dunstan's is a warm, nurturing school which brings out the best in all kinds of children, whatever their abilities and interests. It's a lovely place and the children really enjoy being there. Despite taking a much broader range of abilities that the grammar schools, they still achieve outstanding results.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now