North London Consortium: which schools did your DD apply for

Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Anenne

North London Consortium: which schools did your DD apply for

Post by Anenne »

Hello all
I've been observing this forum for a while, very informative.
I'm finding the wait until 23rd/24th February very frustrating - it's a bit like waiting for Christmas to arrive when I was a child.
I'm interested in knowing how many/which schools your DDs have applied for, if only to get a better understanding of number of offers to number of places issue.
To get the ball rolling, my DD applied for CLGS, SHHS, G&L and FHSS.
A
Namajo

Re: North London Consortium: which schools did your DD apply

Post by Namajo »

Our DD applied to SHHS and SAHS (and also DAO and HBS)
Ellie

Post by Ellie »

Hi there

The number of schools applied for ranged from three up to six in dd's year. That said there were some girls who were entered for more. Therefore unless you have no back up schools your dd is unlikely to be left without a place. Even in the worse case scenario of no offer at all you will find that a significant number of schools will have spaces once the official date for acceptance and deposits has passed.

Ellie
Humbug

Post by Humbug »

Would a school ever offer to a candidate they had originally rejected if they found they had spaces left over?
Ellie

Post by Ellie »

I think you would need to check with the school to find out as it might depend on how dd fared in the original exams.
Rimsky

Post by Rimsky »

My DD applied for G & L (first choice). Have also applied to 3 schools in the other consortium. Does anyone know how many offers Godolphin make??
Last edited by Rimsky on Sat Feb 18, 2012 9:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ellie

Post by Ellie »

Hi Rimsky

I understand your anxiety as I have been through it 4 times. You can be comforted by the knowledge that your dd is likely to be offered a place at a school on your list. At the end of the day no matter how many offers a child has they can only attend one school.

I still day dream about what I could have bought with all the money I spent on registration fees.

Good luck and not long now.
Rimsky

Post by Rimsky »

I know!!! It all adds up.

You are right I know that the school she will get into will be the right one or that she can move later on (I have heard of a lot of girls moving in further up the schools) but still....... I just wish these schools would get on with it. I am sure they must have made their decisions by now!!! Good luck to all - Latymer tomorrow and of course the great 24th!!
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now