The Brentwood School

Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Southendmum

The Brentwood School

Post by Southendmum »

Anyone out there waiting for results or going back next week for interview? They say no news is good news but its making me anxious! I feel now I just want to know either way as DD is getting excited and I would rather her not build her hopes up! :?
GideaParkMum

Re: The Brentwood School

Post by GideaParkMum »

Hi
We are also waiting for results and I am so scared . My DD said she found it easy and was sure she would get called for a scholarship interview but we havent heard anything.
Finger crossed she will get offered a place.
Southendmum

Post by Southendmum »

Hi GideaParkMum

It is a worrying time isn't it. I am just worrying for my DD as I think she will be quite upset if she doesn't get offered a place. She was confident after taking the exam. She said of the three papers the maths was probably the most difficult and there were a couple of questions that she had never come across, but on the whole she was happy she had done well and that is all I can ask. Time will tell. Just want to know now as she gets more and more excited as the days go by.

Good luck and fingers crossed for both our DD's!
Jollygood

Post by Jollygood »

DS lucky enough to secure scholarship interview last Monday. Difficult to tell how it all went, really. Everyone very lovely and friendly, but I think we were all still terribly nervous. Best of luck to everyone waiting to hear back....
Southendmum

Post by Southendmum »

Congratulations on your DS's scholarship interview Jollygood! Are you expecting to hear next week when all the offers go out, or did they indicate it may be before? Best of luck and I hope you get the offer you want.
Jollygood

Post by Jollygood »

Thank you Southendmum! I believe we'll hear next week when all the offers go out. Hoping it's good news as we like Brentwood very very much :D
Fingers crossed for you and GideaParkMum's DDs too

Jollygood
GideaParkMum

Post by GideaParkMum »

Thanks. 24 hours to go now. I called the school today and they said letters have been sent in the post by 1st class so we should receive it tomorrow. I really hope she gets an offer even though we are torn between Brentwood, Forest and 11+. I wish you all the best SouthendMum.
Jollygood - Congrats on your son's scholarship interview, I hope he gets it.
Jollygood

Post by Jollygood »

GideaParkMum, you are braver than I! Only work kept me from picking up the phone and calling up the school today. I think you might be in a similar situation to us too. We are equally torn between both Brentwood and Forest (with Bancroft's teetering around the edges). ~They're both lovely schools. I don't think the 11+ will work out for us unfortunately - it just seems like another level...ever the pessimist!
Here's hoping that it's good news for us all tomorrow :-)
Southendmum

Post by Southendmum »

Thanks GuideaParkMum and Jollygood. Not long to wait now thank goodness. I will try not to snatch the postman's hand off when he arrives tomorrow. :D I have strict instructions from DD what to do with the letter when it gets here. Just hope its good news!! Brentwood is the only Indie we have applied for as it was our favourite of all that we looked at in our surrounding area. An offer at this stage would be a real boost and is our Plan B incase the 1st March doesn't go well...but we really do love the school and would be very happy for DD to go there. It all takes me back two years when we were in this position with DD1, who was lucky enough to be offered a place but also went on to get a grammar place, so another reason why I'm hoping DD is not disappointed tomorrow! At one point Jollygood it didn't seem that the 11+ was going to work out for us either as DD1 gave a horrendous account of the exam but was still lucky enough to gain a place. Good luck to both of you and everyone waiting for an envelope from Brentwood tomorrow!
Bagpuss1

Post by Bagpuss1 »

Good luck for those waiting on results :D

Postman came this morning and I had an A4 size envelope from Brentwood School, got all excited then I read the letter, although my daughter did gain a place it will be at full fees as we were turned down for a bursary and scholarship. I'm not working so there is no way I can afford the fees, devasted :cry:
Last edited by Bagpuss1 on Wed Feb 08, 2012 12:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now