Dulwich college interviews

Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

mamakiso

Dulwich college interviews

Post by mamakiso »

Hi

I just joined the forum and I am jumping straight in asking for tips. My DS did the exams last Friday and has an interview tomorrow am with Dulwich college; any idea what sort of questions he should prepare for? We were given very short notice just got a call yesterday morning. Any suggestions will be appreciated!!
Thisismadness

Re: Dulwich college interviews

Post by Thisismadness »

Well done to your DS! Here are some things my DS was asked at 11+ interviews - not Dulwich college but similar:

-what book are you reading, what do you like about it. Tell me about some other authors you like
-which subjects are your best at school and why (and are there any you don't like)
-tell me about some of your hobbies outside school
-what sports do you like, do you pursue them outside school?
-why would you like to come to this school?
-if you were given a million pounds, how would you spend it?
-where would you most like to go in the world and why? (or which place that you've visited has been your favourite and why)
-if you were at home with no electricity (ie no computer games + TV!) how would you amuse yourself?
-which other schools have you applied to, where would you most like to go?

Tricky that last one!!

Good luck to him in his interview
mamakiso

Re: Dulwich college interviews

Post by mamakiso »

Thanks thisismadness, very helpful questions.

We have City of London boys common entrance on monday so I am a bit stressed! At least now I know how to prep him though he keeps telling me 'Your not supposed to coach me'!! Aargh, lol!
mamakiso

Re: Dulwich college offers

Post by mamakiso »

Hello

Did anyone apply to Dulwich College and have you heard anything?. I know offers are supposed to be posted next week but I know some schools don't always keep to their own timetable!
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now