Chigwell school scholarship

Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
FluffyD

Re: Chigwell school scholarship

Post by FluffyD »

Waiting_For_Godot wrote:When I probed them they said that they didn't think we'd take up the place :o so they offered us a token amount as they couldnt not offer him anything as he was the top candidate. I would have taken up the place but after that comment we turned them down.
I am not surprised! :evil:
Vic x
Sambrookes

Post by Sambrookes »

My son went to state school up until a year ago and attends a small prep school and he has been offered a scholarship at chigwell
belbuck

Post by belbuck »

Hi
I know someone from a state primary who was offered a generous music and academic scholarship at Chigwell, a regular place at Forest and nothing from Bancrofts.
I agree with previous post about Chigwell more interested in producing excellent all rounders rather than a more narrow focus on academics. Despite this, they also have an excellent academic record with 10% of sixth formers going on to Oxbridge...
Chigwell is not snobby. I also agree with previous poster about current Head Master being approachable and there being a real sense of community to the school.
I think your child should have a great time at Bancrofts. As others say, celebrate his successes. Wonderful.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now