ACS Hillingdon

Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
manicmum

ACS Hillingdon

Post by manicmum »

To all those who've been through the loop before....

Does anyone here have feedback about ACS Hillingdon? Is the feel/ethos that they publish what happens in reality?
It runs the IB and has results on their web-site but I have no feel if that standard is enough for uni entrance to a quality uni?

Our other contender is MTS but would like to look at something equally local but slightly less pressured to consider hence looking at ACS.

Thank you to any who are happy to comment.
Belinda

Re: ACS Hillingdon

Post by Belinda »

Last edited by Belinda on Sat Nov 03, 2012 5:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
manicmum

Post by manicmum »

Belinda

Thank you so much for responding so swiftly. It's such a challanging picking schools. I don't want to map out DS life just yet at age 11 that seems a step to far. However, clearly there are some paths that will make the doors easier to open than others as you have illustrated here. Given how similar my DS is to DH I'll look at places like Bristol for Bio or Geog type courses with some IT type courses too and see what that throws up in terms of IB vs A level score criteria and work back from there.

As a parent I guess we are all seeking the best thing for our DC's while wanting to give them space to grow up and find their own paths.

Interesting times!
Belinda

Post by Belinda »

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now