Bursaries and Scholarships

Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

ahap

Bursaries and Scholarships

Post by ahap »

Hi everyone,

My DS is in the waiting list for a Grammar school in Southend and I would like to know, how long does a private school take to offer bursaries and scholarships especially in Essex and Southend? Does it differ from school to school? Your answers will help me to make some decisions.
Thank you.
'What we have learned is like a handful of earth; What we have yet to learn is like the whole world.' Auvaiyaar.
hermanmunster

Re: Bursaries and Scholarships

Post by hermanmunster »

I would have though that the private schools would have made all the scholarship offers and bursary arrangements for this coming year already. They are mostly done at the time the offers are made I think
ahap

Post by ahap »

Thank you Hermanmunster.
The movement in the waiting list is quite slow, so that means people are still making the decision I suppose. I am going to keep him in the waiting list and hope.
'What we have learned is like a handful of earth; What we have yet to learn is like the whole world.' Auvaiyaar.
Harrysmum

Post by Harrysmum »

I can tell you that we looked at a school on Saturday, submitted bursary information on Wednesday, had a call for a trial day and will have, or not, an offer on Saturday.
woodyrocks

Post by woodyrocks »

I sumbitted late* bursary applications for 2 schools and both were passed through. The 2nd of the schools had actually made all their offers of places and scholarships + bursaries but were still able to make an offer of fees assitance. In short, if your child has passed the test well and they want him / her and have the funds left, a late application should be no problem. The only school we had no luck with, was the one that had only offered a waiting list place in the first place.

*over 3 months after official deadline