Girls schools and pre tests

Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Cranleigh

Girls schools and pre tests

Post by Cranleigh »

Hi

Which schools pre test for entry at 11? Is it just Wycombe?

Has anyone experience of what's expected? Know roughly but not sure how important cognitive tests are (Durham IQ test?). For boarding schools I expect they are looking for a child that meets lots of criteria, able to fit, contribute to school life etc? For Wycombe at least - as so academic - I imagine the cognitive test results must be very important? How much weight is given to these results? I know they make conditional offers on the results of these pre test days/weekends.

There's a lot on line about Eton etc but can't find much on girls schools. Do day schools offer a pre test?

Are children generally prepared for them? The cognitive tests are apparently impossible to prepare for? Thanks so much.
Yummiemummie

Re: Girls schools and pre tests

Post by Yummiemummie »

the pretest is important, offers are made after this, then CE taken in the following Jan. No preparation needed for the pretest, WAS know what they are looking for. I got the feeling that there are a number of things they are looking for in a girl and so there is a range of activities designed to get a feel of what makes the child tick. My DD really enjoyed it. She was welcomed by some lovely older girls and had a lovely afternoon. Most of the other girls school do a combination of tests, interview and lesson observation.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now