North London Consortium Exam - Group 2

Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

exampipe

North London Consortium Exam - Group 2

Post by exampipe »

Well DD has sat the Group 2 exam at NLCS - she said it went well - a good sign I hope.

The paper was pretty much as she expected...

I guess there were approximately 250+ girls sitting the exam at NLCS...pretty competitive this year.....

well ...a few days... until Habs....and then Group 1

then the wait!!!
:roll: :roll:

How did everyone else get on?
tabasco

Re: North London Consortium Exam - Group 2

Post by tabasco »

DD sat for the exams at NLCS as well. She found the Maths paper easier than previous years. Hope she is right???? :wink: This is her last 11+ exam. :D
exampipe

Post by exampipe »

The DD found the Maths slightly harder than the English...

Should hear by end of next week - the letters go out then for interview and result!
fairyelephant

Post by fairyelephant »

Tabasco my dd agreed with yours that maths not as tricky as some past papers, English was normal level, ok. She seemed quite happy coming out, which is something I suppose! They mark the papers today so interview invitations can be made next week. Eek :roll:
highwater

Post by highwater »

A few years ago one of my daughters came out of the North London Consortium exam and burst into tears; she hadn't finished the maths paper and was sure she had got half the answers wrong. All the other girls seemed to be skipping away saying it was fine and they'd answered every question.

She was offered an interview, and subsequently a place, by every school she applied to, including two of the highest achieving schools in the country.

Good luck to everyone who has children sitting exams this month. It's stressful, not least for the parents, but don't worry too much about how your child says they have got on in the exam, they often can't really tell.
vnmomma

Post by vnmomma »

highwater wrote:A few years ago one of my daughters came out of the North London Consortium exam and burst into tears; she hadn't finished the maths paper and was sure she had got half the answers wrong. All the other girls seemed to be skipping away saying it was fine and they'd answered every question.

She was offered an interview, and subsequently a place, by every school she applied to, including two of the highest achieving schools in the country.

Good luck to everyone who has children sitting exams this month. It's stressful, not least for the parents, but don't worry too much about how your child says they have got on in the exam, they often can't really tell.
Highwater, this is comforting to hear b/c my DD also thought she didn't do well in the Maths section and felt she got a lot of problems wrong. This was surprising for us to hear because she is a strong math student and scored in the 90th percentile in past papers. She thought the Math section was harder and the English was easier than past papers. Now we are all nervous because she didn't feel confident of her performance. Highwater's comment is comforting to hear.

Curious whether any of your DDs solved the last Math problem (#38, I believe). We found many of her friends thought it was very difficult and couldn't solve it.
curious100

Post by curious100 »

I think the general feel is that NLCS papers were much simpler than past years. My daughter unfortunately did not complete the comprehension. She left out 10 marks which she has never done before. However the composition is of a superb standard as she got carried away writing it. All engrossed. Maths fine too. Guess no chance now!
Oschi

Post by Oschi »

Email received now, saying they will email us on Friday 18th January to let us know whether or not our DD has been selected for interview.
Oschi

Post by Oschi »

vnmomma wrote: Curious whether any of your DDs solved the last Math problem (#38, I believe). We found many of her friends thought it was very difficult and couldn't solve it.
Yes, my DD did. She said she initially had left it out, then gone back when there was more time left.
SleepyHead

Post by SleepyHead »

does anyone know how many places are there at NLCS for year 7 intake? sorry to hijack the thread slightly.

good luck for the 18th
SH