Scolarship interview

Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Akiko

Scolarship interview

Post by Akiko »

My Dd has been invited for a scolarship interview "due to her exellent test results" at one of the selective London schools. She had already had an interview before the exams.
I am puzzled what would the interview consist of. Would they try and ask us to commit before the other results are out? Although it is a school with a very high academic record, it is not our first choice. Would Nyone give me advise, please?
tiffinboys

Re: Scolarship interview

Post by tiffinboys »

Akiko wrote:My Dd has been invited for a scolarship interview "due to her exellent test results" at one of the selective London schools. She had already had an interview before the exams.
I am puzzled what would the interview consist of. Would they try and ask us to commit before the other results are out? Although it is a school with a very high academic record, it is not our first choice. Would Nyone give me advise, please?
Well done and best of luck in the interview.

I am sure some one with more knowledge would give their thoughts soon. Here are my thoughts.

I don't think that scholarship interview would be about committing to the School. It would be more about testing intelligence and independent thinking. Questions might be extended maths or English (books, authors, reasons for preference etc.). More of why than how...

They might also ask why your DD would prefer this school over other schools... but that type of questions usually get asked in the first interview.
DC17C

Re: Scolarship interview

Post by DC17C »

My DS has had a second interview at indie local to us- it was to assess all the short listed children and assess who will be offered a scholarship and any other awards- DS was offerered an academic exhibition with fee reduction rather than full scholarship. Good Luck
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now