Habs Girls Exam

Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

exampipe

Habs Girls Exam

Post by exampipe »

Quite a good day today...

DD thought it was hard but enjoyed the challenge - in fact she thought it was more of a challenge than the Group 2 exam last week......

The parking was well organised in the morning..... the afternoon was also quite painless....

All I can say is....there was a high number of girls sitting....probably approaching 500+
shootmenow

Re: Habs Girls Exam

Post by shootmenow »

After the evil traffic in the morning, I was the 3rd parent to arrive and sat like a turnip in my car for an hour as per instructions. No one told us to go inside! Other than that, DD enjoyed the day too. When do we hear?
loveyouradvice

Post by loveyouradvice »

Love that "well organised" leaving.... took us almost half an hour to get off the premises!!!

Yup, sounds like it was harder than North London Consortium - especially the Maths. But everyone seemed to be smiling as they left

They're delightfully vague about when and how they'll let you know.....
Tagore

Post by Tagore »

Interesting comments above. My dc said that they had to announce corrections, whilst the exams were in progress, in the English and Maths papers! And in one case, the correction was announced well after the children had gone past the particular question. One would expect the papers to have been proof read!

Anyway, one more tomorrow and then its all over.

Good luck to all.
T
Daogroupie

Post by Daogroupie »

Habs girls will always be harder than Consortium 1 and 2, especially the maths. You should get an email from Bridget Howarth in the next week. They set great store by interview as does City so they interview quite a high number and have a go at weeding out the over tutored. I look forward to hearing what the comp was in a week or so's time. My elder dd had Tom Sawyer, younger dd had Anita and Me. DG
Sallyltb

Post by Sallyltb »

Did anyone's daughter get taken out at lunchtime to play in the snow? And if so, what did they think?
loveyouradvice

Post by loveyouradvice »

No.... just pictionary on the blackboard and couple of wink-murder type games!

But another friend's DD came out absolutely in love with Habs, totally enthralled by her day and oozing enthusiasm..... my DD I think was suffering exam fatigue by then and fairly nonchalant!
shootmenow

Post by shootmenow »

I think our DDs were in the same room. Duck, Duck, Goose as well.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now