Feeling sick with worry :-(

Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Fitnik

UPDATE

Post by Fitnik »

Thanks so much for the advice you all gave me on this last month.

The progress that DS has made this month alone after just 3 sessions with the tutor has been extraordinary. He has gone up 3 sub-levels for English and is also almost there now with his Maths. The tutor had initially thought that we would spend the 1st 6 months "plugging the gaps" before even starting on practice papers. Now she is saying that we can start practice papers now! I spoke to her earlier today and she said his progress has been remarkable and he always has a smile on his face when she gives him extra homework.

I am typing this with tears in my eyes. It has not been easy first realising the inadequacies of his previous teacher then putting a plan into action. But the tutor's help has been invaluable. DS and I spend time together on weekends going through maths problems - if I have no clue (as with long division) there are many youtube tutorials that have really helped DS. He has thanked me over and over again for helping him. His dad has been very supportive too.

I am feeling a lot more hopeful now than I was a few weeks ago and wanted to update you all whilst also, again, thanking you profusely for your advice and support. :D