City of London Boys/Bancrofts - interviews?

Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

KateW

City of London Boys/Bancrofts - interviews?

Post by KateW »

We had an email from Bancrofts yesterday. Anyone heard from City Boys yet?
agathachristie

Re: City of London Boys/Bancrofts - interviews?

Post by agathachristie »

Hi Kate, waiting anxiously this end no news yet. From city... Probably too soon
KateW

Post by KateW »

Oh good - glad you think it's too soon. How did your ds/dd find the exams? Mine didn't manage to finish the bancrofts maths section d, and didn't finish all the spellings in the CLSB English paper...

We'd need a scholarship, so I'm not holding out much hope!
KateW

Post by KateW »

PS was prompted because saw that City of London Girls had sent out interview emails/letters already - but perhaps their exam was earlier. Thinking about it now it would be a bit much to expect City boys to have marked and ordered everything since Monday! Doh.
agathachristie

Post by agathachristie »

Firstly he was not impressed with City's lunch menu...... Maths was difficult in parts, English was ok and VR was also ok. I am sure I read or heard that city try to interview most of the candidates that pass the exam... So one can only hope... Although judging from the overwhelming numbers who sat the exam not sure what our chances are....
agathachristie

Post by agathachristie »

I think CLGS exam was over a week ago hence the interviews and letters this week... Also in most instances AP and Scholarship letters go out first.... Which school is your preference?
KateW

Post by KateW »

I liked them both, dammit! Bancroft's is pretty close to us so that would probably be the preference - but I like the 'liberal' feeling of City. You?

TBH it's such a long shot for us. But one can't help hoping, hence the anxiety...

DS also did Latimer/Latymer (can never remember) Edmonton and got through to the second round. It's *horrid* having to wait till March for that one.
KateW

Post by KateW »

PS do you know if City has separate scholarship interviews? And if so, do they tell you?
agathachristie

Post by agathachristie »

Hi Kate, well for as also City is an aspirational choice, a long shot too especially judging from the numbers there on Monday .
Congratulations, getting through to the second round... Latymer I understand from reading threads on this forum that its a tough exam... Best of Luck with the second round With regards to your question regarding scholarship interviews I can't answer am afraid however I am sure you can ask the school when you get an interview date.
Joseph

Post by Joseph »

KateW wrote:We had an email from Bancrofts yesterday. Anyone heard from City Boys yet?
Hi Kate,
We haven't heard anything from Bancroft . When they Starting their Interviews?
Good Luck to your DS
J
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now