City Girls - Number of applications and interviews

Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
tabasco

Re: City Girls - Number of applications and interviews

Post by tabasco »

Oschi wrote:
vas wrote: City does give varying interviews depending on how a child has performed in the exams I suppose.
But why? It just doesn't make sense to me, unless they are looking for scholarship material among the top results from the exam? Or is it the grey zone, the poorest results, that will be tested the hardest in interview, to ensure they will cope with the pressure?
The school will usually have made up decision according to the candidate's written exam results and school report. I went to the SHHS open day and the headteacher said a good school's report is particular important if candidates didn't do particularly well in the written exam but they will still interview them to assess them further if necessary. For those DDs who did well in the exam, the interview probably is just to have a face to face impression of the candidates.

Don't worry Oschi. There is nothing we could do now. Just think of somethings else rather than schools and relax. :D :D
Last edited by tabasco on Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Oschi

Re: City Girls - Number of applications and interviews

Post by Oschi »

tabasco wrote:
Don't worry Oschi. There is nothing we could now. Just think of somethings else rather schools and relax. :D :D
You are right! Thanks! :D