Go to navigation
It is currently Tue Dec 06, 2016 3:11 am

All times are UTC




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 4:11 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Sep 09, 2011 12:32 pm
Posts: 72
Hi all,

I have offer letter for my DD from Abbey -Reading.We need to let them know before 15th feb13
We have to move house and decide on many fronts before taking decisions, like my DHs commuting to London ,my DSs school.

Moreover, we want to wait for other private school result which will be out possibly in last week of feb.

Can we reuest them more time?

Thankyou


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 4:17 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2011 8:44 am
Posts: 1390
Location: Reading
I will not be responding to my offer till after March 1st and its unrealistic for them to expect me to.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 4:20 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon May 16, 2011 1:05 pm
Posts: 4020
Location: Reading
Check the date on your letter. I believe the date is 11th march, not feb.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 4:21 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Mar 15, 2010 2:45 pm
Posts: 4606
My DS was offered a place at an indie and the letter specifically said that if we were waiting for other results to let them know. You can ask - they can always say no, but they won't withdraw the offer just because you asked.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 4:22 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2011 8:44 am
Posts: 1390
Location: Reading
Just shows I haven't even read the letter beyong the opening paragraph on each page - I probably ought to do that :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 4:24 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Sep 15, 2006 8:51 am
Posts: 8113
I think that the schools would like people to commit before other results (including the March 1st allocations) but i reality they know that people are not going to be able to make a properly informed decision about it .

You need to be open with them and tell them when you are likely to be able to tell them - they will want to know fairly soon after March 1st as there are often people enquiring at that time who are unhappy with the state school they have and are looking at other options


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 6:45 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jun 22, 2011 8:54 am
Posts: 542
I think the whole system is unfair. I know the indies want to try and get the strongest pupils but surely if they gave everyone until the state school results come out, it's less stressful for everyone and more likely that children end up at the right school for them?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:31 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:38 pm
Posts: 30
Some of them ask for a token deposit; if you can, pay that to give you some breathing time. Best of luck


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:37 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2011 8:44 am
Posts: 1390
Location: Reading
The letter does say March 11th so there is no issue here


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:12 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:01 pm
Posts: 6691
Location: Herts
Indys can do what they like, they are not constrained by codes and criteria. They try and pin you down before the state allocations come out. I suggest you write to them explaining you are waiting to hear from other options and will contact them when you have all your information. DG


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
CALL 020 8204 5060
   
Privacy Policy | Refund Policy | Disclaimer | Copyright © 2004 – 2016