Go to navigation
It is currently Tue Dec 06, 2016 8:15 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:41 pm 

My son has been offered Highgate and Habs Boys. A year ago I said that I would be extremely happy with this dilemma. Now, I am really confused as to which one to accept, and obviously want to make the right decision for my son. We will live within 5 minutes walk of Highgate School, as we are moving to Highgate at Easter, however we prefer Habs Boys as a school. We have a daughter at Habs Girls who is in year 10. She has always travelled by coach for the past 3 and a half years. But she never had the option to walk to school, whereas my son does. We are revisiting both schools this week. I do not know anyone who has children at Highgate - what is the school like? I have a preference for single sex over mixed as I am concerned that the boys will be distracted by the girls at Highgate. However, I have experience of Habs Girls but do not know Habs Boys, so am concerned as to how pressurised it is. My son is sociable, I feel that he will potentially have less friends at Habs, because it is geographically further away. To sum up - is Habs worth the journey, or is it too intensely pressurised/competitive? If anyone has a boy at Highgate, I would love to hear your views on Highgate School. Equally anyone with a son at Habs, what is your opinion of Habs Boys? Thank you for taking the time to read this and for any advice that you can give.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:14 pm 

I have a son at Habs boys and he LOVES it! Lots of boys from all over, so he won't be the only one going from your area. As to whether it's too pressurised, I don't think they would have offered your sone a place if they didn't think he could cope with the work load?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:08 pm 

Congrats. My son is loving Habs Boys ...sport, academics and music but i think the chance to walk to school where the school is similar standard shouldnt be missed?