Go to navigation
It is currently Sun Dec 11, 2016 2:19 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:22 pm 

My DD is in the lucky position of having of having offers at both Notting Hill and Ealing High School and Godolphin & Latymer. We have always favoured Notting Hill, however it is further away. So is it worth going the extra distance? If anyone has a DD at either of these schools could they help me make up my mind? Interested to hear your thoughts.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 12:09 pm 

Hi Silver1, well done to your DD - they are both great schools.

We had a similar decision to make a few years ago and, as we are based in Chiswick, it could have gone either way. We liked both schools: NHEHS is down to earth, has a pool, is more ethnically mixed, is slightly smaller, strong in science; G&L has on site sports facilities, all girls are new in Year 7, offers IB and A levels, is very nurturing, the journey to school is much quicker and more local girls were going there.

For us, the clinchers were travel time to school (with G&L taking about 20 mins door-to-door whereas NHEHS takes 30-40 mins) and being able to make lots of local friends. HTH and good luck.

chiswickwitch

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 8:08 pm 

Hi chiswickwitch,

Thank you for your reply! That's a really incisive summation of the two schools! They are both such lovely schools and it makes it a very hard decision however you can't go wrong

Silver1