Marist or St Mary's Gerrard's Cross

Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
slough mum

Marist or St Mary's Gerrard's Cross

Post by slough mum »

I'm looking at Marist and St Mary's Gerrard's Cross. Does anyone have any children at these school's and any views, pros and cons? Which is better?
scary mum

Re: Marist or St Mary's Gerrard's Cross

Post by scary mum »

They are a long way apart! St Mary's is quite small
I think (may be wrong). Have you looked at LVS in Ascot? Or Clare's Court in Maidenhead?
scary mum
slough mum

Post by slough mum »

We live in between both schools.

I think from what I can remember the results at St Mary's are better than LVS and Clares Court! Or am I wrong.
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

slough mum wrote:We live in between both schools.

I think from what I can remember the results at St Mary's are better than LVS and Clares Court! Or am I wrong.
You should look at where they start - I don't know the results, but St Mary's is selective so may start at a higher level, LVS and Clare's Court take all comers and have very good results at GCSE considering the intake. People I know with DCs at both are very positive. I have heard, and this could be complete hearsay, that because of a small 6th form, St Mary's do not offer a good range of A levels, but you could easily see that from the website, I imagine. I know one person with a DD at St Mary's and she is very happy. I think St Mary's does not offer school transport, whereas the others do. I don't know anything about Marist.
scary mum
dyslexichelpneeded

Post by dyslexichelpneeded »

St Mary's has a very local intake - most girls are from GX, the Chalfonts, Amersham etc. Even the numbers from Beaconsfield are fairly low, so you could find your DD has to travel to see her friends. St Mary's has an excellent scholarship scheme, which might be worth a look at. I'll PM you.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now