Is syllabus of year 7/8/9 of private schools different?

Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

kenyancowgirl

Re: Is syllabus of year 7/8/9 of private schools different?

Post by kenyancowgirl »

I think it is dangerous to assume that private schools necessarily offer the highest level, as compared with other schools. That is certainly not the case in my area where, the top ability level children generally go to the GS and, although most of the indies have entrance exams, the level of the highest child is not necessarily at the level of the highest child in GS and the level of the bottom entrants to the indies, definitely is not. the number of people who have children in indies and yet still have to tutor to get the child up to level for the GS or beyond, shows that indies do not necessarily offer the highest level education. I think you would have to look at individual schools and also, what you are aiming for. As other posters have said, indies do not have to follow the nat curric and may be much stronger on say drama/debating etc which would help if this is the sort of thing your child is into. Alternatively, they may be super strong on science and your state school may have very poor facilities.
sbarnes

Re: Is syllabus of year 7/8/9 of private schools different?

Post by sbarnes »

horses for courses
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now