Habs' Girls today

Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
pabrighton0

Re: Habs' Girls today

Post by pabrighton0 »

millean wrote: I am very grateful to the North London Consortium for all those past papers even though there are no answers. All the applicants I know felt very prepared for the exams because of those past papers and felt they had done well afterwards. This is reflected in the interviews that have been awarded. DG

I am glad that you have done a good job for your students who can afford you.
I wonder if anyone can really tell why a child made it to a top school except (in some cases) the parents?

Even when DC is at the bottom set in a good prep (the message I would get is need to look broader than academic achievement), some parents will instead take DC to be tutored. They will also do additional preparation. We know some who also use more than one tutor. So, many tutors know that the best way to guarantee 11+ results is to not allow parents to relax - some parents could get confused and think that the tutor would take care of it!

Also how active so many parents using tutors are on this forum - e.g. DG's clients...

The reality is that some children would naturally find their strength elsewhere but have parents that want/need academic success to brag about. Medical graduates for example often pursue a career outside the area after their graduation.
Last edited by pabrighton0 on Sat Jan 25, 2014 9:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Misty

Post by Misty »

Hey SR1 - we had our interview in St helen's today and it went very well. I received a letter from Hab's saying that my daughter will not be invited to the interview. I am not disappointed, as the school has had exceptional amount of applications. I think the maths and VR was fabulous but its the english that was the deciding factor. I think the people who got invited back chose the option of - Exam content removed by Moderator
I strongly beleive that it was not the right school so she didn't get invited back. And i know all our kids will be fine and will go to he school they will be the happiest and flourish.
SR1

Post by SR1 »

Hi Misty. Thanks so much for your message, made me feel much better. Glad to hear St. Helens went well. My daughter did the continued writing too so maybe you have something there. I really feel for my DD, she was really upset and thanks to email she has already found out that some of her friends have been called for interview but that's all part of life I guess!
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now