Habs boys music scholarship

Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Finchley mum

Habs boys music scholarship

Post by Finchley mum »

DS was invited for a music audition and we went today for it. He is unlikely to get a music scholarship given the amazing talent out there (and it probably did not help that he "forgot" to play his hard violin piece and just played the easier one) but was made to feel special and although he went in nervous, he came out quite happy and said it was more a conversation than an interview. Good on the school for trying their best to make the process as stress free for the candidates as possible.
Daogroupie

Re: Habs boys music scholarship

Post by Daogroupie »

Yhis is great feedback thank you. Boys returning for interview this week have all really enjoyed the experience. Habs work hard to make the boys feel wanted and appreciated. DG
HappyCow

Post by HappyCow »

finchleymum - very well done to your son.....and to you. You never know about the scholarship ..!
Do you still more interviews? If not good luck with the waiting.
Finchley mum

Post by Finchley mum »

we are waiting to hear from City Boys later this week. DS said it was a much harder exam and I could tell there were a lot more students applying so I think it will be more difficult for DS to get an interview there. Still, it was worth a try as I hear such good reports about it - treating the children as individuals, more socially diverse (as they are very generous with bursaries and scholarships) and generally better for kids who do not conform to a type.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now