Habs Boys vs Merchnat Taylor's School?

Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
manicmum

Re: Habs Boys vs Merchnat Taylor's School?

Post by manicmum »

AML I wish you well with your decision making. If there is anything that you'd like to ask a parent with a DS at MTS feel free to PM me.

As for DT that was mentioned earlier.......... at MTS we are all really looking forward to the new DT block opening. To be able to have the art areas linking close to DT is a wonderful principle and I can't wait to see how the boys will benefit from this.
AML

Post by AML »

Thank you, very kind
AML

Post by AML »

Had a lovely day seeing MT. The boys were down to earth and .. Happy! However like city of london coffee morning yesterday I wish the Head had made a speech. We've always enjoyed hearing him so it was a shame not to have that opportunity again.

Does anyone know do MT have a sibling policy or preference? Forgot to ask today.
Jean.Brodie

MTS and sibling preference

Post by Jean.Brodie »

Hi AML!

Clearly, any such preference is not going to be openly stated by a school. All of us will also know of instances where one sibling is at a school but a younger sibling is not offered a place.

But it can't harm a younger sibling's application if the older one has settled well, is doing well and has parents who are known to the school, well liked and respected, not to mention parents who are active in the school community.
AML

Post by AML »

Thanks JB.
Hello.com

Post by Hello.com »

I think habs has a variety of sports and academics. I know people who have been to Habs and they are very successful, however I cannot comment on Mts. All i can say is that both are good schools :D :D
AML

Post by AML »

We've now seen both schools and really there isn't much between them. Both have plus points, both are close by, happy boys, great facilities, similar costs, great results.. But purely on the fact Mt has a tube station we're gonna go with that. I feel it would help with independence and also make a difference as I have the school run to do with younger children.
coolmum123

Post by coolmum123 »

AML wrote:We've now seen both schools and really there isn't much between them. Both have plus points, both are close by, happy boys, great facilities, similar costs, great results.. But purely on the fact Mt has a tube station we're gonna go with that. I feel it would help with independence and also make a difference as I have the school run to do with younger children.
It definetly does help!! Life becomes easier and there are loads of boys on the trains so it really isn't a problem. My DS has always gone on tube to MT.

Your DS will be very happy at MT. Congratulations.
manicmum

Post by manicmum »

Great selection - hope your DS will enjoy it as much as our DS is.
CandyCrush

Post by CandyCrush »

AML wrote:We've now seen both schools and really there isn't much between them. Both have plus points, both are close by, happy boys, great facilities, similar costs, great results.. But purely on the fact Mt has a tube station we're gonna go with that. I feel it would help with independence and also make a difference as I have the school run to do with younger children.
Congratulations AML. Merchant Taylors is a really happy school and you won't look back! Welcome to MTS!
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now