Girls consortium results - what are your plans?

Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Middlesexmum

Girls consortium results - what are your plans?

Post by Middlesexmum »

A week to go!

Just wondered what everyone is doing about when and where to open results. Dd wants to open results together but she doesn't know about the size of the envelope being an indicator!

We are off to wave dd1 off on a school trip next Friday after school but dd wants to share her news with her big sister. So I thought perhaps dd could come home at lunchtime and we will open results then.
Mymble

Re: Girls consortium results - what are your plans?

Post by Mymble »

We have a similar dilemma. DD is going to a party straight from school, being taken by another mum as I have to pick up DS. She's decided that she wants to wait and open the envelope with us later, because if it's not good news she doesn't want to it to spoil her friend's birthday. I was so proud of her when she said that! But I'm also hoping that I'll get the yes/no email earlier in the day so I can be prepared for whatever the envelope contains. If not then will be playing the fat envelope/thin envelope guessing game on Friday :)

Hope everyone gets the result they want on Friday!
Middlesexmum

Post by Middlesexmum »

Do the consortium schools send emails too? Would the emails be sent on the Thursday when when postal results are sent?
Mymble

Post by Mymble »

I don't know about all the Consortium schools but St Albans, City and NLCS all email on the Friday. Don't know if they coordinate about the time and all hit 'send' together! City say 'in the morning' but the info slip we were given at NLCS just says 'Friday 14 Feb'.

Whatever the outcome on Fri we want to see what happens with the state schools on 3rd March before making any decision, so the wait still feels interminable :(
SleepyHead

Post by SleepyHead »

Massive goodluck to everyone for Friday. We are a year behind.
Hope your DDs all get their first choices.

Best wishes
Sleepyhead