2 nights sleep until the RESULTS

Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

hermanmunster

Re: 2 nights sleep until the RESULTS

Post by hermanmunster »

great to hear good news for these exams!! well done and hope those still waiting get some good news too
4leaf

Post by 4leaf »

Well done iR-it feels like its been such a long process and the relief is immense. Looking forward to hearing everyones outcomes!
4leaf

Post by 4leaf »

Forgot to say thx mads - are u waiting too??
Humbug

Post by Humbug »

Well done 4leaf and all the others - fantastic news!
Iq7767

Post by Iq7767 »

Our postman has just been and no letters from Habs, NLCS or St Helens, does this mean triple bad news?
Daogroupie

Post by Daogroupie »

Habs result is not due until after half term on 26th Feb. The thin envelopes have arrived as well as the fat ones so no envelopes at all def does not mean bad news. DG
Pandora123

Post by Pandora123 »

Iq7767 - nlcs sent an email at 10am. If you have not received it ring them up.

We got our offers including first choice NLCS. Open am for offers is on 28th
Iq7767

Post by Iq7767 »

Thanks DG, completely forgot about the Habs offer date, and thanks Pandora, just spoke to NLCS, she is on a reserve list!!! That is a little frustrating as I think all this waiting is really difficult, oh well, have to hang in there. If she gets an offer from Habs, she will probably take it, rather than wait for NLCS, but if she has just an offer from St Helens and the waiting from NLCS, she might not mind the wait or the chance. She seems to have been put off the science teacher at St Helens who got an experiment horribly wrong when they had their exam.
Pandora123

Post by Pandora123 »

Iq7767 Hang in there with your first choice until the very last moment. Also mention to NLCS that you are keen and would take up the offer. BTW I know of at least 4 girls who will be taking up CLSG/SPGS and turning down NLCS.
jadsima

Post by jadsima »

Good luck to all those waiting, I agree it is nerve wracking (thankfully DD has been very calm and composed through it all). We've had offers from five of our six schools applied to - St Margaret's (earlier this week), NHEHS, St Helens, City and Northwood college. We're now just awaiting the Habs result on the 26th. It's DD's first choice school so fingers and toes crossed but still very happy with our lot so far.

Words can't express my gratitude to all those kind people on this site ready to assist with solution to maths problems that flummoxed me or just any advice. This site is invaluable and made this process a lot easier than it would otherwise have been.
I hope you all have a fab half term with your children. All the best.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now