Failed!

Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
doodles

Re: Failed!

Post by doodles »

I'm glad you have a back up plan GD.

Just a thought, have you checked that, should your DS repeat yr6, they are willing to take children "out of year" - I know some indie schools will and some won't.

Good luck.
Ladymuck

Post by Ladymuck »

Message deleted.
Last edited by Ladymuck on Tue Sep 16, 2014 10:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
tigger2

Post by tigger2 »

Doodles beat me to it :lol: :lol: I was just thinking the same thing. .....When you don't get your first choice it is very hard and I appreciate that you are feeling very upset but you need to be positive about your second or third choice because there is a possibility that your ds might not get Caterham at year 7 or year 9. Even if Caterham did accept out of year applications there are no guarantees that your ds would get a place. Sorry if this sounds negative but if you decide to send your son to another prep he hasn't got long to adjust and settle in before he has to take the exam again. Please bear in mind too that if you do this or home school him he will inevitably see this as a backwards step and he will also hear about his current year groups experiences at their new schools in year 7 which will be hard for him.

Have you considered going for the second choice or even another school and trying for a year 9 place at Caterham? If you do that and the worst happens and you are not offered Caterham your son will find it easier to cope if he is already settled and thriving at his current school.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now