Requested a higher bursary ?

Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Peachy

Requested a higher bursary ?

Post by Peachy »

My DD has been offered a fee paying place at forest and a 10% scholarship + 40% bursary at chigwell. She really wants to go to chigwell does anyone know if I spoke to the headmaster would they increase either offer, as I was hoping for a 60/70% reduction in fees?
kenyancowgirl

Re: Requested a higher bursary ?

Post by kenyancowgirl »

I'm not sure the head would be the person to speak to as they do not usually get involved in any fee financial matters. You could speak to the bursar and see if they can offer an extra 10-20% on the bursary.
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

It is always worth asking the bursar, the problem is that there is limited money and my perception is that many people offered a bursary really feel that they could do with a bit more than they are offered. They still have to find quite a bit and with other kids etc it means tightening the belt. Still if you don't ask you won't know - the bursar may give some indication of the income scales that they are working to.
Peachy

Post by Peachy »

The headmaster was the one who done the home visit regarding the bursary and is involved in deciding along with the bursar and governors so I was hoping that since I've developed a parental relationship with him he may be the one to help?! My thoughts were also if a child who has been offered a bursary turns down a place there may possibly be extra funds?! Maybe I'm just wishful thinking but I've contacted the school and spoke to the admissions registrar as the head wasn't in and her words were "let me speak to him on Monday regarding this and I'll have him call you back on Monday" so fingers and toes crossed.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now