St Margaret's Bushey

Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
jadsima

St Margaret's Bushey

Post by jadsima »

Hi,
Is there anyone on this forum who knows of any girls who went through SMB prep school but left after year 6 to attend a more academic secondary school?
I have the option of DD (currently in year 1) joining the school but would want her to move at year 7. I'm just wondering if it'll be more beneficial to leave her in her current prep school that only goes up to year 6 - although I have some issues with the school and would rather leave if possible.
I'd be happy to take up the offer of a place in SMB if I know that academically the SMB prep school is good as I understand the school to be very nurturing with happy kids.
Misty

Re: St Margaret's Bushey

Post by Misty »

Hello,

It depends what you want for your daughter. Academic v/s all rounded!!!
I know St Margarets is not a highly academic but is a nurturing all rounded school. I have a relative who went to that school and is a smart confident girl. However, personally if you want your daughter to move to a academic school from Yr 7, i would leave her in the prep school. As this will prepare her better then SMB.

Hope this helps.

Misty
jadsima

Re: St Margaret's Bushey

Post by jadsima »

Thanks Misty, we are thinking along those same lines. Ideally I'd want a school tat is nurturing but also help the children to attain their full academic potential. DD doesn't want to move but she's young and is just concerned about missing her friends. We've held the place and will need to give it some more thought.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now