Notting Hill and Ealing

Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
mariela

Notting Hill and Ealing

Post by mariela »

Hi there, we have got an offer from NHEHS and Francis Holland NW1. We have turned down FH place as we live very close to NHEHS and so far it was our fist choice.
I have been reading some comments though (about NHEHS) that it has a reputation for producing arrogant girls + pushy parents.
Can anyone pls share their experience or give some more info?

Thanks a lot,
Mariela
SleepyHead

Re: Notting Hill and Ealing

Post by SleepyHead »

Hi Mariela,

NHEHS is a highly sought after school - your DD has done very well to gain a place there.
I know many parents that would snap up the offer!

Regarding pushiness - that is something within your control. All secondary schools will have a mix of parenting styles, including DD's primary.

When we took a tour of NHEHS, I found the girls to be confident, open and totally charming.
I wouldn't hesitate in sending my DD there (if she gained a place next year!)

If you have turned down FH, do you have other schools in the mix too, to decide between?
Sleepyhead
mariela

Post by mariela »

Hi SleepyHead,

Many thanks for that. We are visiting NHEHS again on Thursday, there is a tour for everyone holding an offer. It's a great opportunity to see the school in action. When we went to the open evening last year it was very crowded and hectic.

We don't have any other private schools on our list, we are waiting to hear where she's got a place on 3rd March. She passed at four Grammar schools but all of them are quite far from Ealing (the nearest is St Bernard's in Slough), so the idea that she could walk to NHEHS it is very tempting:).

When we hear from them next Monday 3rd March we will only have one day to decide as the deadline for confirming the place at NHEHS is 5th March by noon.

Nerve cracking, but we are all in the same boat, will survive :wink:
Ealingma

Post by Ealingma »

Hi Mariela,

We are in the same boat. We have a place at Notting Hill and we are expecting to hear we have a place at St Bernard's tomorrow. We are torn. Notting hill is going to be very expensive but tempting as DD can walk to school. If you are still deliberating perhaps we should chat. If they both do go to St Bernard's perhaps they could travel together.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now