Habs girls results are out!

Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
highwater

Re: Habs girls results are out!

Post by highwater »

Jean.Brodie wrote:Hi highwater! We have been in the HBS community for nearly four years now.

HBS has many girls who turned down St Paul's, NLCS, Habs Girls etc. So they were certainly considered good enough and 'non-dull' enough by those schools.

Many of the girls who go on to medical schools have played leading roles in drama productions and music events. They are also active artistically and culturally in their communities outside of school.

We turned down an NLCS first round offer. We found HBS girls much more culturally and socio-economically diverse than NLCS girls.

I would never want to describe other people's children in the manner you have chosen to describe HBS girls.
Hi Jean Brodie! I described the school as dull and over-earnest not the girls. And at no time did I say the HBS girls weren't good enough for the North London indies - quite the opposite as I said that there were many girls who fell at the first hurdle for HBS but were offered places at the top Indies.

You may not agree with my opinions, but please don't traduce me by misquoting them or making them up. Thanks.