Recommendations for private schools near Watford

Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

tense

Re: Recommendations for private schools near Watford

Post by tense »

noonynunu wrote:My DS is already doing English tuition as well as Maths and VR. Partly because it is he weakest subject area. In his January assessments he got a level 5 in maths but only got 4b in English (he hadn't started any tuition at that point) so I already know that he needs more work on his English.
Wow noonynunu, does that mean your ds was in Year 4 for those January assessments? Fantastic results.
noonynunu

Post by noonynunu »

tense wrote:
noonynunu wrote:My DS is already doing English tuition as well as Maths and VR. Partly because it is he weakest subject area. In his January assessments he got a level 5 in maths but only got 4b in English (he hadn't started any tuition at that point) so I already know that he needs more work on his English.
Wow noonynunu, does that mean your ds was in Year 4 for those January assessments? Fantastic results.
Yes he was in year 4. His levels have gone up a little since then. Not sure I would say they are fantastic though as there are a number of children in his year group who are on the same levels as he is.
Daogroupie

Post by Daogroupie »

So what are your plans now that all the state results are out? Will you still be sitting for the private schools? DG
noonynunu

Post by noonynunu »

Daogroupie wrote:So what are your plans now that all the state results are out? Will you still be sitting for the private schools? DG
After going through the figures (annual fee rises etc.) we can afford to pay for one child but not for two so we have decided that private is not an option that we will pursue.
Daogroupie

Post by Daogroupie »

There are a surprising amount of bursaries available. You might want to apply and then you will be in a great position if your dc does really well. The privates need some very academic state school students to help keep them high in the league tables. DG