Anyone sending their DD to Old Palace for year 7 this year?

Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
musicmum

Re: Anyone sending their DD to Old Palace for year 7 this ye

Post by musicmum »

Hello Roz and Enders, this is my first posting here too. My DD is also starting Year 7 at Old Palace from a state primary, and we were at the induction evening. There's one other girl from her school going, but although they've been placed in the same form they're still quite apprehensive about all the current Year 6 girls knowing each other.

I spoke briefly to their form tutor over coffee at the end of the evening and she said that they mix the girls up for the teaching groups, which are different to the forms, so perhaps some of the existing friendship groups will be separated to some extent.

I'm encouraging DD to join lots of the extra-curricular clubs to meet people who like the same things as she does. She's into drama, music and gymnastics.

Hope to meet you and your DDs one day!
Roz12

Post by Roz12 »

Thank you musicmum,

You made me feel so much better. I'm so glad they will be mixing up the groups. I may ask at the activity morning if there is set seating in class or if girl can sit where they like, as you can imagine the prep girls will sit together!

I've also asked my dd to join lots of clubs, I hope they offer Gymnastics and badminton??

Yes hope to meet you too.

Thanks

Roz
spoon123

Post by spoon123 »

Sorry know old post...we are looking at independent schools for our daughter and were considering Old Palace and Croydon High...when searching this thread came up. Seen the post from 2011 your DD have moved up few years :-) how has your experience been.

Can pm me if you wish :-)

Any feedback greatly appreciated.

Thanks
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now