Independent vs Grammar Schools an Old Debate

Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
mad?

Re: Independent vs Grammar Schools an Old Debate

Post by mad? »

fairyelephant wrote:I agree Amber, there were plenty of those at our state primary, which brings us full circle.... That behaviour comes from parents and it's not something you can say is an independent school problem. Maybe you get more of that type at private schools, maybe not, it's not my experience. if you have a choice, choose the school that suits your child best. My DD's indie school is small, nurturing and not flash - I went to a comprehensive in the Midlands, neither of us bray!
Spot on fairy elephant!
mad?
ConcernedDad

Post by ConcernedDad »

mad? wrote:
fairyelephant wrote:I agree Amber, there were plenty of those at our state primary, which brings us full circle.... That behaviour comes from parents and it's not something you can say is an independent school problem. Maybe you get more of that type at private schools, maybe not, it's not my experience. if you have a choice, choose the school that suits your child best. My DD's indie school is small, nurturing and not flash - I went to a comprehensive in the Midlands, neither of us bray!
Spot on fairy elephant!
The challenge, IMHO, is how to figure out which school suits your child best. Do you depend on views of a 10 year old who may like a particular school because she likes colour of the uniform :( ?
londonmum00

Post by londonmum00 »

ConcernedDad wrote:
mad? wrote:
Spot on fairy elephant!
The challenge, IMHO, is how to figure out which school suits your child best. Do you depend on views of a 10 year old who may like a particular school because she likes colour of the uniform :( ?
Spot on! What is the "best" school for your child? DD liked a school because the building looked awesome with beautiful green fields ( I must admit I also was impressed ) :)
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now