Manchester Grammar School

Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

moved

Manchester Grammar School

Post by moved »

Thoughts?

I've been asked for an opinion and aside from a very happy family member in the school I don't know anything. But the person asking my opinion has not heard great things about the attitudes of the boys towards their peers. The problem is known as 'banter'.

It isn't my area but I thought that perhaps some of you have children there.
Catseye

Re: Manchester Grammar School

Post by Catseye »

are you referring to this?

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/ ... ow-6192513" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

though it has nothing to do with peer to peer banter.

there is always something the media will find so they can do a bit of Public School bashing, it seems to be a popular sport nowadays!
moved

Re: Manchester Grammar School

Post by moved »

No, not at all. As I said not my area (I live in Essex and work in London), so I tend not to read the Manchester Evening News!

The comments regarding 'banter' came from a current parent at MGS, so I'm guessing not anti-private school.

I was asking for an opinion from those that know. I have already passed on to the interested party that my family member loves the school.

The person in question is deciding between two or three private schools in the area and knowing that I have/had family at two of those schools asked for my opinion.

I am hoping that this marvellous forum can offer some advice to help her decision.