Whitgift & Trinity Exams

Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Maap

Whitgift & Trinity Exams

Post by Maap »

My DS sat the Whitgift and Trinity exams last week. Has anyone heard back from either of these schools yet? I know its early but I am waiting nervously :(
Daogroupie

Re: Whitgift & Trinity Exams

Post by Daogroupie »

I know of a student who has a Ten plus interview. So perhaps they marked those papers first. DG
Maap

Post by Maap »

Thank you for the reply. My DS sat the 11+.
Does anyone know how many children took these tests (in Whitgift & Trinity)?
dad17

Post by dad17 »

My DS sat 11+ for Whitgift & Trinity and we got the call for Whitgift last Saturday
Maap

Post by Maap »

Thanks for the reply dad17.

I am now starting to get worried as we haven't heard anything :( :(
Ladymuck

Post by Ladymuck »

Do not worry - they do try to fill all of their interview slots asap, but they can't possibly make all of the phone calls that fast. It is incredibly difficult to wait, especially when you know others have got the call. I certainly had to wait for over a week but ds had done very well indeed, so it doesn't make any difference as to when you get called.
Maap

Post by Maap »

Thank you Ladymuck - I feel a little better after reading your reply :) My DS really wants to go to Whitgift and so I am keeping my fingers crossed.
Maap

Post by Maap »

We got an email this evening from Whitgift for an interview next week! We are all so happy :)

Now we have to make sure we don't mess up at the interview :shock:
Does anyone have any experience of how the interviews were like in the previous years at Whitgift?
Ladymuck

Post by Ladymuck »

They are very good at interviewing this age of boy. It shouldn't be too traumatic at all. They're certainly not trying to catch them out. If he was weak in one of the papers he may get some academic questions. Worth talking through what he has read recently and who his favourite author is.

W interview parents as well. They will ask whether you can afford the fees, so do be prepared for that. You have the chance to ask any questions. They may ask you which other schools you are being interviewed for (they may ask you son this too).

Good luck. An interview is a very positive sign.
Maap

Post by Maap »

Thank you Ladymuck - you are so helpful.
I just hope I don't sound too enthusiastic at the interview! We have also applied for a sports scholarship but I am not sure whether this will be discussed at the interview.
At the interview, are they likely to give you an indication of whether DS has got in or not? How long do you have to wait after the interview to find out for sure?
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now