Cheltenham Ladies', Wycombe, Downe House, Benenden etc resul

Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Cranleigh

Cheltenham Ladies', Wycombe, Downe House, Benenden etc resul

Post by Cranleigh »

Anyone else considering these? Interested to know if there was much more demand this year/pressure on places and what sort of mark was required to secure a place in CE. Also did Wycombe issue A and B list offers pre CE? For example were some given conditional offers for CE, e.g. in with 65% regardless of higher scoring applicants? I know some schools do this but not sure if WA do, I would imagine so. I hope all DDs this applies to did well and secured first choice school.
DebsB

Re: Cheltenham Ladies', Wycombe, Downe House, Benenden etc r

Post by DebsB »

Can't help with most of what you're asking, but I was talking to somebody today who was saying that a girl in their family had recently heard she's got a place at CLC and had been invited back for the scholarship exam, which I think is in a couple of weeks. Neither the original exam nor the scholarship one are CE - CLC set their own entrance papers and AFAIK they don't share with any other schools. I think they do some kind of "early" exam that girls can take in Y7 (or maybe even 6??) for entry deferred to Y9, as well as exams for entry the next Sept in Y7, 8, 9 or 10, but I don't have any details. Sorry I don't know any more, but hope that's helpful.