CLSG Offers are out

Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Khe

Re: CLSG Offers are out

Post by Khe »

Duago we received an email stating that they won't be taking any students from the waiting list this year.
HotCrossBun

Post by HotCrossBun »

That's interesting CPM1771.

We had another school's open morning to go to on Friday and therefore couldn't accept until the afternoon. We did so, and all was fine. We never received an additional email changing the deadline. So I can't comment on that.
Duago

Post by Duago »

We received an offer from HBS and accepted it immediately. DD is very happy as there are 4 girls from her school going there.
Last edited by Duago on Fri Mar 06, 2015 2:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Daogroupie

Post by Daogroupie »

Gosh, that is a very successful school, 4 out of 93 places. Does it always do that well? DG
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

We are forty-odd miles from London and none of our DC took any indie entrance exams.so it doesn't affect me personally,. However, I did once vaguely consider CLSG for DD (now in yr 9 at a local grammar). It does seem like this year the school decided that they weren't too bothered about those making the decision between them and a state school, every other indie giving parents at least 24 hours after NAD to do this.

Still, I guess that's what being 'independent' is all about.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
Duago

Post by Duago »

No DG its just a state primary school. The Headmaster said that this was a record for the school. Normally 1 or max 2 get a place.
CPM1771

Post by CPM1771 »

HotCrossBun wrote:That's interesting CPM1771.

We had another school's open morning to go to on Friday and therefore couldn't accept until the afternoon. We did so, and all was fine. We never received an additional email changing the deadline. So I can't comment on that.
Sounds like there is something to this story, but we haven't got all the information. I definitely know of someone who transferred the deposit on Saturday and it was returned on Monday by the school with a note saying it was too late. Like all of these things there is probably some misinformation in between, but on the face of it seems unfair.

Well done to your DD.
HotCrossBun

Post by HotCrossBun »

Yes. We were going to wait till Saturday to sit down and send the money etc. But DD said, "I can't be happy at school, if I don't know you've accepted my place!" So, indulgent parents that we are, we accepted the place that afternoon, so that she would have peace of mind. Prescient child!
Dadofmytwo

Post by Dadofmytwo »

HotCrossBun wrote:Yes. We were going to wait till Saturday to sit down and send the money etc. But DD said, "I can't be happy at school, if I don't know you've accepted my place!" So, indulgent parents that we are, we accepted the place that afternoon, so that she would have peace of mind. Prescient child!
I felt DW was being overly pessimistic when she made us scan the acceptance forms and send the payment on the Friday before the deadline... I'm now very relieved she went with her gut instinct :oops:

By the way HCB, which languages did your DD pick?