Bancrofts, Chigwell and Forest offers are out

Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
CPM1771

Re: Bancrofts, Chigwell and Forest offers are out

Post by CPM1771 »

I completely agree with Ladymuck analysis. We are making the same decision and DS will be at taster session on Friday. Forest has a much broader catchment area as there are children that travel from all over London because of tube connections. That said it is still reasonably local so there will be local friends. It is bigger that Chigwell and has separate boys and girls schools until 16 even though under one roof. Chigwell will be better for children likely to do well in a smaller environment. They know all the families. They also have really quite impressive grounds and sports facilities. My sense of Bancrofts is also the same that it is a little more academic, but this because they had been able to be more selective because of the results they have achieved. I suspect that with the same cohort Forest and Chigwell would achieve similar results. If you have a child that is likely to do better in a more competetive academic environment then at the moment I would choose Bancroft, but Forest appears to have been much more academically selective this year so perhaps there will be a different ethos going forward. I know of a number who haven't got in that I would ordinarily expect to.
kelwaypops

Post by kelwaypops »

fwiw dd is at chigwell and loves it on many levels. she is doing really well there. actually, i can't think of any one thing that i don't like about it, apart from the selfish drivers in the car park when it comes to dropping her off and collecting her at the end of the day..... :wink:
ayesha11

Post by ayesha11 »

Thank you everyone for all your tips and advise it is really helping :)
TP123

Post by TP123 »

Thank you HotCrossBun and Ayesha11 xx.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now