Eltham college

Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
NewbieTL

Eltham college

Post by NewbieTL »

Hi Lefol,

I have read from previous posts that your DS is at Eltham. I am seriously considering to accept the place here. Can you please tell me what your DS enjoys likes/dislikes about the school, and what are your views on pasteral care? Have you encountered any problems in the past few years? Also, what extra fees are paid, clubs etc?

My DS is bright but not a genius, sporty preferring tennis and swimming, timid but very friendly when you get to know him. Would he thrive at Eltham?

Many thanks
hermanmunster

Re: Eltham college

Post by hermanmunster »

Hi Newbie - if you want to contact Lefol directly it may be better to send a private message, however am sure others who have info about Eltham college will be able to help with info either here or via PM
lefol

Re: Eltham college

Post by lefol »

Hi!

Have you made your decision . Eltham is one of the strong indies if you live around Eltham , Lee or Bromley . DS had some issues when we first joined but they were quickly dealt with .it is a good school if your choice is restricted solely to indies and you do not have the choice of the grammar schools . The old Headmaster was a bit strange at times and the new Head is settling in . It is a good school for independent learners but DS was lazy in year 7 and 8 and I would have preferred a school that would
Encourage him . They have an open day for new year 7s and a bonding weekend and your DS will make friends . Extras- trips are not always compulsory but always attempt one or two so your DS does not feel left out . We had a ridiculous trip offered in year 7/8 for £4500 to the galalapagos Island . I thought it was ridiculous and only a handful went . You have to pay for uniform, lunches , music and gum shields . DS enjoys music but hates rugby which he did not pursue .