City of London School for Boys - Number of applicants

Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
gazzag

City of London School for Boys - Number of applicants

Post by gazzag »

CLSB take about 40 boys at 10+, 65 at 11+ and 45 at 13+. Any information about the number of applicants at each entry point would be welcomed.
Tabassum101

Re: City of London School for Boys - Number of applicants

Post by Tabassum101 »

Hi Gazzag,

From the CLS site:

The approximate number of places available at the School for entry in 2015 will be as follows:
• 40 places for entry at age 10 (Group 1)
• 60 places for entry at age 11 (Group 2)
• 45 places for entry at age 13 in 2017

As far as I remember, when my DS sat the CLS exam last year, we were told by the admissions team that 600+ boys sat the 10+ and 11+ exams, about 150 boys for 10+ and the rest 11+. I don't remember the 13+ number.
salsa

Post by salsa »

Do you have their brochure? I remember reading that over 900 children applied for their 11+. I remember multiplying that times £100 which they charged for their test!
Ladymuck

Post by Ladymuck »

Deleted by user.
Last edited by Ladymuck on Sat Mar 21, 2015 5:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
indiemom

Post by indiemom »

One of my friend's son is going to CLBS this year, I am told that when they got the offer letter it mentioned 600+ boys and not 900 this year.
I read somewhere in this forum that usually the offer acceptance rate is less than 40% based on that last year they offered more and landed up having more accepting seats than they can offer, so they had to open another class for them. This year it seems they are careful and have offered only 60 seats in the first lot rest were in waiting list.
MrsChips

Post by MrsChips »

The head said circa 700 boys for the 11+ at the offers morning.

I'm sure they did over-offer by at least two to one - they'd be mad not to have since most of the boys they offer to will have had more than one acceptance (my son included).

I do know of three boys on the waiting list and none have been offered places (as far as I know).
Lloydcole

Post by Lloydcole »

Hi.

This is the information I obtained on the 11 plus offer holders morning:

1) This year there were around 700 applicants for 11 plus places ( don't know how many were interviewed nor how many offers were made).
2) Last year more people than expected accepted offers and as such they had to have an extra class. They did not want this to happen again. Last year nobody from the 11plus waiting list was made an offer.
3) There are actually 54 places this year (for Sept 2015 entry), not 60. (4 classes of 24 with 42 coming up from Old Grammar-year 5).

I know one person this year on the waiting list who was offered an 11plus place-unfortunately it was offered to him the day after the deadline for accepting his second choice school ( Latymer Upper). He accepted LU on deadline date.

We accepted our offer from City shortly before the deadline-couldn't decide between it and Latymer Upper.

Mrs Chips-did you accept the City offer? I know you had a tricky interview experience...
shootmenow

Post by shootmenow »

They only take boys with Perfect Skin. :lol:
Lloydcole

Post by Lloydcole »

Lol... Shootmenow, you are my "Brand New Friend"!
shootmenow

Post by shootmenow »

Stop making a Commotion!
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now