Go to navigation
It is currently Sat Dec 10, 2016 6:57 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Help!!!
PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 6:44 pm 

My friend is going to an independent school for an interview for her year 7 son. He will need to take the 12+ with the aim of joining the school in September for year 8. The entrance exam will be maths, English and VR.

I have dug out my 11+ VR books and papers, will that be enough? Will the 12+ have more complicated VR?

He is decent in English, average in maths and never seen VR before. His state schooling hasn't been great but he does have natural ability from what I have seen from my interaction with him...

Post subject: Re: Help!!!
PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 8:50 pm 

I would recommend he does some 11 plus papers to prepare for the format, especially VR as he has never seen it before. Indy schools tend to put a lot of focus on the English paper. I would recommend downloading a manchester grammar english paper and having a go at that. The one about stealing horses is an interesting one. DG

Post subject: Re: Help!!!
PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 5:55 am 

Daogroupie wrote:
I would recommend he does some 11 plus papers to prepare for the format, especially VR as he has never seen it before. Indy schools tend to put a lot of focus on the English paper. I would recommend downloading a manchester grammar english paper and having a go at that. The one about stealing horses is an interesting one. DG

Thanks!! Printing away :>)