Go to navigation
It is currently Fri Dec 09, 2016 5:31 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: 7+ Preparation
PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 12:56 pm 

Hi all,

Does anyone have any tips on preparing for the 7+ exams - books, websites? When should one starting? What level should DC be?

Many Thanks

Post subject: Re: 7+ Preparation
PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 10:09 pm 

masari_pirates wrote:
Hi all,

Does anyone have any tips on preparing for the 7+ exams - books, websites? When should one starting? What level should DC be?

Many Thanks

You will probably get more information if you try posting in the Independent Schools section.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 9:19 pm 

If you would like this thread moving to the Independent section rather than starting a new thread there, let us know.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2015 3:01 pm 

Yes would appreciate if the thread got moved to the independent section. Many Thanks

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2015 4:16 pm 

DD sat for a local selective independent for entry at Y3. All the parents were stressing about whether their child would get a place whilst in the lobby area and asked me which tutor I had used and I said none and they looked at me like I was on another planet and then looked relieved that perhaps their DC was thus more likely to get a place. We did NO preparation whatsoever as we didn't know we needed to make the change until the last minute and DD was one out of a large number who sat to get offered a place. The test was only a part of it she spent the other half of the day in a classroom being an ordinary child in school and the feedback was how well she slotted in and the intelligent questions she asked and how she helped some of the less able ones in a science project. All without any preparation. each school is different though. I would say if you did want to prepare then confidence and core skills like writing and solid maths are a good focus but as to what resources I wouldn't be able to recommend but wanted to post something to say that for the bright and able child a lot of preparation isn't always essential.