MT exam today

Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Aadi

MT exam today

Post by Aadi »

Heard that there are about 400 students appearing for the test today. The car traffic was very well managed by the MT staff.

Saw a little boy crying just at the drop off point. It just breaks my heart to see all these little 10 year olds go through so much stress. Harsh reality of this age.It was so different when I was 10 years old.
Daogroupie

Re: MT exam today

Post by Daogroupie »

Thanks for the update. Glad dropoff went smoothly. I know of students there today, some also did UCS yesterday and will be doing John Lyon on Thursday and Habs on Friday.

How many places are available and how many do they save for 13 plus?

What time do they finish today? DG
Aadi

Post by Aadi »

No sure how many places are to be allocated. Based on the some of the discussions on this forum in one of the previous years 180 offers were sent out of a total 350 students who sat the exam.
Daogroupie

Post by Daogroupie »

Thank you. I hope things went well for your ds. DG
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

My understanding is that they have 2 forms in year 7 (50-60) and add another 100 or so pupils at 13+
scary mum
Daogroupie

Post by Daogroupie »

Gosh that must be a big change for the 50/60 when the 100 turn up. I wonder which prep school is the biggest feeder. DG
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

Daogroupie wrote:I wonder which prep school is the biggest feeder. DG
From the MT website:
Boys travel in from north London, Hertfordshire, Buckinghamshire and Middlesex.

Many take advantage of our coach services from Ealing, Highgate, Radlett, Beaconsfield, Harpenden, Harrow, Mill Hill and Stanmore. In response to increased demand from the Camden, Kilburn, Primrose Hill, St John's Wood and West Hampstead areas, we will launch an additional St John's Wood coach route in 2015 running up Finchley Road and along Hendon Way to the M1 (average journey time between 50 minutes and 1 hour).

Many travel on the tube or the Chiltern Line from central London, Hampstead, Highgate and Amersham.
Pure guesswork, but I think Caldicott Prep would be one of the biggest feeders.
branmoment

Post by branmoment »

Caldicott sends very few boys to day schools - it's HM has a preference for boarding hence all the senior boys having to board in their final year
Aadi

Post by Aadi »

It could be Northwood prep ( which is now integrated in to MTS from this year), ST. Martins, and Reddiford). All these are based near MTS.

Someone confirmed that there were 373 students who appeared for the test for 60 places.

Feedback so far Maths not very hard, English easier than expected and VR too long but managed to finish.

Please can someone shed some light on how much should be written in the creative writing section. Heard a boy mention he wrote just over 3 pages !!!!
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

branmoment wrote:Caldicott sends very few boys to day schools - it's HM has a preference for boarding hence all the senior boys having to board in their final year
Interesting, and thank you. I knew he was pretty solidly opposed to the 11+ (I know of a boy who took it in the utmost secrecy because it would have been heavily frowned upon), but I didn't know his views on boarding.

Agree that Northwood Prep would be a big feeder.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now