King's College Wimbledon

Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
PurpleDuck

Re: King's College Wimbledon

Post by PurpleDuck »

Don't beat yourself up, if your DS thinks it went ok, just hope he did well enough. KCS is a very demanding school academically, so those who need a lot of tutoring to get in, might struggle to keep up. If your DS gets through with the limited tutoring he's had, he is just the right boy for the school and the school should be right for him :) Do you know how many they are planning to interview?
It felt like I hit rock bottom; suddenly, there was knocking from beneath... (anon.)
Nikita76

Post by Nikita76 »

Headmaster did a little speech with stats, he said 720 kids doing the exam, roughly half and half for 11+ and 13+. 120 kids will be called back for the 11+ and 55-60 offers made (44 places). Similar numbers for the 13+, but I believe slightly fewer places (35) so adjust interview and offer numbers
PurpleDuck

Post by PurpleDuck »

I didn't hear the speech - if it was after the test, it was so crowded in the dining hall, I stayed outside... So, assuming (roughly) 360 boys doing 11+ and 120 to be interviewed, those who get through to the interview stage have to be in the top 1/3, which is not too bad - I thought it would have been worse. If they were to make 60 offers, it's a 50:50 chance of getting in for those offered an interview. That does not seem too bad either, although I have to admit that the overall 360 applications for 44 places is rather scary... I think I need to get away from my computer, I keep checking my inbox every two minutes!
It felt like I hit rock bottom; suddenly, there was knocking from beneath... (anon.)
Pound.Pence

Post by Pound.Pence »

I called the school today. The school advised that they are working on sending out the interview email sometime today and any specific queries should be emailed. All that means is to keep your fingers crossed and hope for the best.
PurpleDuck

Post by PurpleDuck »

Pound.Pence wrote:I called the school today. The school advised that they are working on sending out the interview email sometime today and any specific queries should be emailed. All that means is to keep your fingers crossed and hope for the best.
Thanks for that. What do they mean by 'working on sending out the interview email'? I would have though that they had it all sorted and all they needed to do is press the 'send' button! All this waiting is really bad for me. I am on my second chocolate bar today! :lol:
Nikita76

Post by Nikita76 »

Emails out! we have an interview!!! good luck to everybody else
PurpleDuck

Post by PurpleDuck »

Congratulations, good luck for Saturday/Monday - whichever of these two you've got!
Pound.Pence

Post by Pound.Pence »

Congratulations Nikita76. Good luck with the interviews.

I seem to be refreshing my inbox every few minutes.. I am going to borrow your chocolate bar PurpleDuck. Any idea if they would still send an email if the results are otherwise..
PurpleDuck

Post by PurpleDuck »

They said they would, Pound.Pence, which means they have quite a few emails to send and they can't do it as a bulk mailing, so it may take time. Consider yourself sharing my chocolate bar. :D
Pound.Pence

Post by Pound.Pence »

Phew .. we are through for the interview as well.. Thursday 28th