NLCS results

Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Daogroupie

Re: NLCS results

Post by Daogroupie »

Boardfleet, NLCS came out of the London Consortium last year so are now writing their own papers and deciding their own dates.

The Consortium schools will be posting their offer letters today to arrive tomorrow. Expect the forum to be very busy tomorrow morning. DG
boardfleet

Post by boardfleet »

Hi DAO - I realise that NLCS is not part of the consortium now. But the date that I'm referring to is one that has been agreed by a vast swathe of London day schools - SE, SW and N alike.

Even the NLCS website refers to posting the results first class today (as do all the other websites) - I just wondered how the other schools (consortium and non) would feel about NLCS bending the rules like this.

Sorry- this wasn't intended to dampen anyone's great news - I guess I'm jealous that the schools I'm interested in have not followed suit!
pbharg

Post by pbharg »

DD got the offer... happy and proud! We were hoping for a schol though, otherwise cannot afford it. Can we still ask if she can get a scholarship?

Congratulations on the offers!
goinggreyfast

Post by goinggreyfast »

Happy outcome here too and one very excited DD
sunandcloud

Post by sunandcloud »

Positive news for DD.
Happly waiting for tomorrow's results.
Kingfisher

Post by Kingfisher »

pbharg wrote:DD got the offer... happy and proud! We were hoping for a schol though, otherwise cannot afford it. Can we still ask if she can get a scholarship?
Scholarships are few. These are awarded to those who came highest in the tests and are. not worth as much as you think. Do you mean bursaries? This will depend on your financial circumstances. I think the interviews for parents are held on the same day hat your DD has her interview. I don't know whether or not they consider late applicants - they might have already allocated the available money to those who scored the highest and are in need.
I'd ring the bursary .
pbharg

Post by pbharg »

Thanks Kingfisher, we will not qualify for bursary unfortunately would be financially stretched without scholarship. Wanted to know if the scholarship offers are sent along with the offer letter or is there a chance we can ask for it now after getting an offer.
ConcernedDad

Post by ConcernedDad »

Hi pbharg,

scholarship allocations have been advised along with offer emails on Thursday. DD2 didn't get any. But, we know someone who receive a schol from NLCS.

All the best!

CD
nyr

Post by nyr »

Sorry it's taken so long but in case anyone's still waiting anxiously, we'll be releasing a place at NLCS tomorrow morning. Hopefully a few other parents will do the same and some more girls will be very happy by the end of the week.

nyr
grammar2012

Post by grammar2012 »

thanks nyr and congrats to your dd on HBS. I am sure there are parents who will be waiting anxiously on the NLCS waiting list and keen to see some movement. I wonder if there are any who might be going for HBS over NLCS and will these include any with scholarship offers?
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now