Go to navigation
It is currently Wed Oct 26, 2016 9:06 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Thank you
PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2016 1:24 pm 

This is my first post in this forum even though I have been following 11+ forum for nearly a year. I would like to thank all the posters who shared many valuable information through this forum. These posts helped me to prepare my DD1 to pass all 3 CEM exams, including HBS 1st round, and independent school exams.

The main reason for this post is to share my experience (mainly about independent exam) for parents who will be in my situation later. My DD1 is an avid reader, her school teachers (state) described her as a creative writer. However, when she sat for an independent elevenplusexams' mock, I realised that she would not be able to cope with independent English exams. As a person who learnt English as a second language, I was not sure how to help her. This is the time I decided to get some professional help.

Fortunately, I was able to contact our own DG through this forum. My DD1 attended a few DG's classes during December to improve her exam skill in English. I think it helped her tremendously because she received offers from NLCS, CLSG and St Helen's with scholarships and bursaries. So, my advice is, as DG always insists in this forum, to brush up your children's English knowledge mainly if you are from state schools.

If anyone wants to know any more information about how we prepared for these exams, you can PM me.