Bancroft's offer holders morning- anyone go?

Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

OldBean

Bancroft's offer holders morning- anyone go?

Post by OldBean »

We went today. The head teacher did a nice speech, very impressive. There were quite a lot of families on the tour who seemed to be holding this as backup for grammar results or were likely to take another independent. So my DC didn't feel they had a good feel for who their new classmates might be and whether they'd 'fit in'. It felt crowded at the end so we didn't get a chance to talk to the teachers. Anyone else past or present have any idea what % who finally go actually attend these things? It's left us more confused in some ways.
Meiard

Re: Bancroft's offer holders morning- anyone go?

Post by Meiard »

We thought it was crowded but did manage to talk to some teachers. Other families in our group handed in their paperwork, but there is still ages before the closing date. DC enjoyed the lessons so we are looking at how affordable it will be for us. I got the impression that many of the families are like us, not going to find fees easy, but care about giving child best option.
2016Entry

Post by 2016Entry »

I chatted to lots of different members of staff as well as some parents, who yes were still undecided. Possibly the prospect of a new head is what is a consideration for some. For us, this tour sealed the deal as my son has a full Drapers scholarship and we have now handed in our acceptance forms as the indecision was driving me bonkers! My son also seemed to make a few friends at the taster lesson who are definitely going too. Wish you luck in making your decision.
Ceekay

Post by Ceekay »

Hello

We went along as our son was struggling with our decision to choose Bancrofts over Forest.
It made a real difference to our impressions of the school being able to tour on a normal working day rather than an open day showcase, and our son really enjoyed the lesson and activities put on for the children. Crucially for us he came away far happier and willing to accept going there. I sent the forms off this morning and likewise am glad to have done so as the indecision was horrible.
He seemed to stay with others from his primary though and didn't come away with much sense of who he might see again in September. He did say he'd really liked the teachers he'd met though.
A few weeks off now, before starting work with my y5 son....
daddytea

Post by daddytea »

We also went there , can't decide between forest and bancroft. After the visit, we firmly think bancroft is better. The student are happy, enjoy the class and well behaved. Talking to few teachers and students and it clear up the myth that bancroft is only good for academic. Their sports and extra curricula is on par with most indies if not better.
Hope we can keep in touch for those who join. We can setup a parent group if anyone interested. My friend also submitted the form on the day.