Go to navigation
It is currently Wed Dec 07, 2016 10:42 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2016 9:40 pm 

Hello..Am new here and relatively new to UK as well. We are just beginning to understand the complexities of the 11+ which my DD will appear for in Jan 2017. Need help with sources for preparation material for English, especially for the creative writing portion. Also is there a published source that will give me the exhaustive list of topics that will be covered in Math

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2016 7:39 am 

I haven't seen an exhaustive list (you could ask the schools who may well have something ) but the past papers will give you a good idea. Most 11 plus maths papers cover the same topics so you can also use schools outside the consortium for practice, such as the Perse School, Oundle etc.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2016 8:37 am 

fairyelephant wrote:
I haven't seen an exhaustive list (you could ask the schools who may well have something ) but the past papers will give you a good idea. Most 11 plus maths papers cover the same topics so you can also use schools outside the consortium for practice, such as the Perse School, Oundle etc.

I've already suggested asking the schools in my answer to the OP's similar / same question on another thread :) .

Perhaps the Mods could amalgamate the two threads in the appropriate section?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2016 9:23 am 

The schools will just point you to the past papers but it would be helpful if the op would answer the question about which of the schools in the consortium they are interested in as there is a ranking of how hard it is to get into these schools. DG

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2016 11:12 am 

Thanks Daogroupie. Francis Holland, South Hampstead in group 1. Was looking at Channing in Group 2. Do t nnoe mixh about the other schools in the consortiums. As this is where many kids from catchment go.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2016 11:37 am 

Thank you. These are fairly straightforward schools in the consortium to get into. Many do these schools as backup for NLCS, Habs, City so there is less pressure for places. Focusing on the past papers should be enough to get you in. I would recommend you sit some mocks to check you are on the right track. DG

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2016 11:50 am 

Thank you. The plan is to do City and Habs as well. And when is a good time to take the mocks? Im just worried about burn out from taking too many tests, as my DD is new to this system (been here for a year).