Hill House School

Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Loopyloulou

Re: Hill House School

Post by Loopyloulou »

Stroller wrote:
I know nothing about the school other than what has been published, but on that basis I can also see how the school might have a distinctive appeal to parents who may wish their well-behaved children in lovely uniforms to see nepotism as an acceptable world view.
Ah, so that's why Prince Charles was sent there!
Loopy
Stroller

Post by Stroller »

Loopyloulou wrote:
Stroller wrote:
I know nothing about the school other than what has been published, but on that basis I can also see how the school might have a distinctive appeal to parents who may wish their well-behaved children in lovely uniforms to see nepotism as an acceptable world view.
Ah, so that's why Prince Charles was sent there!
Precisely.
Buying online? Please support music at TGS. No cost to you. Fundraising makes a difference.

Tiffin Girls' School has a designated area; see the determined admission arrangements. Use the journey planner. Note the Admissions timetable and FAQs.
Loopyloulou

Post by Loopyloulou »

Good gracious me, this gets worse and worse! A little digging and I find that the Ofsted inspector who first raised concerns (Higgins) has been imprisoned for two years for most unpleasant offences against children!!! And the next one (Patel), a headteacher, was suspended being accused of bullying his staff! It does make one wonder...
I maintain an open mind; but I take comfort from the earlier Ofsted inspection report in 2012 which was very positive. Nothing really seems to have changed between then and the 2015 report except the identity of the Ofsted inspectors.
Heavens, one could not make this up!!!
Loopy
Stroller

Post by Stroller »

For the avoidance of doubt, I don't care where your friend's child goes to school. If an Ofsted report raised comparable concerns about my daughter's school, and the issues weren't resolved rapidly, I would move her. I quite like the fact that people aren't allowed unfettered, undocumented access to her school.

Ad hominem attacks don't improve survival rates in the event of a fire.
Buying online? Please support music at TGS. No cost to you. Fundraising makes a difference.

Tiffin Girls' School has a designated area; see the determined admission arrangements. Use the journey planner. Note the Admissions timetable and FAQs.
Loopyloulou

Post by Loopyloulou »

Neither do weekly fire alarm tests I suspect. They should be performed daily. No, every hour.

The school itself makes comment here: http://www.hillhouseschool.co.uk/wp-con ... _Mar15.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Loopy
Loopyloulou

Post by Loopyloulou »

...just by way of follow-up, having looked into matters in great detail, and considered many alternatives, my friend has decided that she will indeed be sending her daughter to Hill House after all.

I'd like to say a big "thank you" to everyone who commented on this thread. It has enabled her to make a much more informed decision than might otherwise have been the case. The forum at its best methinks.

(Now for the really difficult bit, finding an affordable family home nearby...)
Loopy
Daogroupie

Post by Daogroupie »

Gosh. What were the alternatives that it was considered superior to? DG
Loopyloulou

Post by Loopyloulou »

There were twelve of them. Nine in London, two in Switzerland and one in Monaco.
Have you visited Hill House?
Loopy