Wheathampstead House

Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
schoolnavigator

Wheathampstead House

Post by schoolnavigator »

Can anyone enlighten me as to the current reputation of Wheathampstead House, the prep school to St Albans High School for Girls? I have heard there have been many changes since new head took post a year ago e.g. Places in the senior school are no longer assured, girls (and their parents) are therefore much more stressed and anxious, and there have been curriculum issues. For example, I hear Mandarin has replaced French in the upper years, supposedly because the girls were getting too good at French and the senior school were not able to advance them from where they left off. Also, no other languages for same reason. I've also heard parents say it has lost a certain amount of spark. Does it still have a good reputation under the new leadership? Any comments would be most appreciated.
Daogroupie

Re: Wheathampstead House

Post by Daogroupie »

I think this is better answered in a pm. But a good question to ask in a couple of weeks time will be how many of them get a high enough rank for a place at HBS and how many of them get a high enough rank for a place at DAO and in a few months time how many of them get places at Habs and NLCS. DG