Hampton school- past papers and what to expect

Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Iva

Hampton school- past papers and what to expect

Post by Iva »

My ds will be sitting the Hampton exam in January. I have no idea on what to expect. He successfully passed his eleven plus for Bucks and Berks so I am wondering how the test compares to the above?
Would he need need any additional tuition for it, he is already in prep school?
If anybody has a son who has gone through the Hsmpton test, your feedback is greatly appreciated.
scary mum

Re: Hampton school- past papers and what to expect

Post by scary mum »

I've had a quick look on the website out of curiosity & there is a lot of information on there. It looks quite different to Bucks/Berks.
scary mum
Bazelle

Post by Bazelle »

DS sat the Hampton 11+ 2 years ago and said it was by far the most difficult exam out of CLS, Latymer Upper and MTS. He also found the interview grilling and most unpleasant. Past papers are not available as far as I know. He was offered a place and had a fair amount of tutoring on top of his prep school.
PetalM

Post by PetalM »

My son sat the exam in January. It was the first one he had done (apart from the St Paul's pre-test) and it was tough - many of his friends looked shell-shocked afterwards. The interview, on the other hand, was very straightforward. He had a nice chat with the teacher and was asked a copy of history questions after he said that was one of his favourite subjects, but nothing he found tough. Others seemed to have a more academic interview - I think it depends if any potential weakness was identified by the exam. He was offered a place but picked another school.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now